Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Spring Festival

This is the second time that I didn’t get together with my family in the spring festival. (The first time I was in Australia because I attended in a winter camp.) As a result, I began to miss my family and China. However, the best thing is that all my friends are able to get together with me and celebrate this important festival. On the other hand, that day is Jennifer’s 18th birthday, it is really great for her to become an adult and start to realize this society. (hehe~~Jennifer~ have fun)
We went to China town to have our dinner which is my favorite hotpot that day. It attracts me so much and lets me feel home. Then, after I back to my room, I remembered to call my mom and dad; nevertheless, it is too early for me to make a phone call to them because my family always celebrates at night. As a result, I had to get up at 6am in the morning next day in order to call them. Unfortunately, I got a bad news when I called my mom. I found that my grandmother, my aunt even my mom’s voice all sound strange and tired. They were not at home either because my grandfather got a serious disease, so they had to stay in the hospital during the spring festival and took care of him. It made me desperate; and I made a decision to get back home as quickly as possible when I finish this semester. I wish all my family members can keep healthy and strong in this year and all the people I love can own happiness lives.

2 comments:

June said...

becky, i'm sorry to hear that your grandfather didn't feel very well. i really hope he can get better soon! anyway, you are a good girl and i believe that good person can get good return!

Becky said...

June~~You are so kind!!