Saturday, January 20, 2007











I collected lots of information about the faculties which attract me in order to take the most suitable one for the future; then, I found that it is difficult for me to make a decision. There are three results remain after I considered all kinds of factors.
NO.1 change my faculty from Computer Science to Finance
Actually, I must finish LEAP program in April or it will be late. This limite brings me a heavy burden because I know it is not an easy job, but I have to try my best to work well with all the quizzes and assignments in this semester; not only it is the hardest level, but it is also the most important term for me and my future in the university
NO.2 change my degree to combine degrees, like BComm/BSc
The instructor told me that this program will take 5 years, however, when I spend only one more year to study here, the university will provide two degrees for me when I successfully finish my undergraduate studies. The reason why I take this manner into consideration is that I think it may easier to change than I change my faculty to Finance directly; because I already been accepted by Computer Science, the combine degree program just need to add Finance in it, but nobody can guarantee that is the truth, otherwise, the course I need to take in this faculty are really boring.
NO.3 try to find another faculty that can allow me to get a great job in the future.
This way is the last manner, I will never consider about if the faculty is interesting or not; anybody who have some great suggestions about the awesome careers in the future, please leave messages for me.
I know this is a boring topic, but I really need help; on the other hand, this is the biggest problem for me now, I’d love to solve it as quickly as possible. Please give me some suggestions, I will appreciate you so much. Thanks a lot~~~

16 comments:

June said...

i am also worry about my faculty at the same time and maybe we should talk about it toghter.

June said...

By the way, I like you blog very much!! It's so cool!!

serenity said...

You like strawberry so much!
Ps:your blog is so delicious!
I want to eat it!should I?

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like you have a lot to think about. Remember, no matter what, if you love what you are studying, you are going to do well. Try to find something that you are going to love doing for the rest of your life :-)

Becky said...

Thanks Scott~~
Serenity...you can eat my blog if you can~~it is doesn't matter~
June~I'd love to talk together with you some time, maybe we will find some useful answers.

Happy Amy said...

Well....
sounds u r in a big and hard decision making.....
Dont worry...u will be fine!
Ask anyone u can ask and get advises from them!
sorry...I don't know much about university stuffs...

serenity said...

I will eat it!
please cut it into piece!
My mouth is so small that I can't eat such a big blog.
I am waiting for you!please!

Kenneth said...

Are you reallly want to study a combine a degree. My wife's freind used to take a combine degree program. He has to take 6 class at least for each semester. It is be so hard and drive everyone crazy. I know you are smart and want to save some times to do something more. but, your school life will not be that fun anymore. You know, you only have one time to enjoy the school life. If i were you, i will erally thin about it. But, whatever you do. I will as a friend to support you

Becky said...

Ken,thanks a lot. I considered this problem before I made the decision, and I found that I can learn during the Summer time, this way will makes me relax a little bit for each semester. I will not forget to enjoy my school life~~so, don't worried~~
I just want to tell you that I really appreciate your suggestion and support,it makes my feel comfortable and also gives me encouragement.

Kenneth said...

anyway, enjoy one of the most beautiful school life. After graduated, it 'll be your precious for sure. And let us know whenever you need help. We must be there for sure

Becky said...

Ken~~Thanks so much!!
I hope you can own the most beautiful school life in Calgary!!

Carlos Pulici said...

Hi Becky
First of all, thank you for your comment, but it is not so hard to study, what you need is just discipline and time management. And never forget that you need some time for yourself.
I just read in your blog that you are not decided about what program you want do study here and I want to tell you something. You need to choose something that you really like, because you will do this for the rest of your life. Do not think only about money, if you work in something that you like, probably you will do it very well and as a consequence you earn a lot of money.

Good luck...

Carlos

Steven said...

Or, it’s a good thing to have lots of choices in your life. Your life is still a blank paper now, there are many things uncertain in your future, which is your most valuable wealth. Go ahead bravely, I think there will be nothing can stop your pace to the destination on your way to success. In my opinion, you can get benefits from all the three choices.

I always thought about a hypothesis, which major I would like to choose if I went back to the age of 16 again?

Take care yourself, and god blesses you.

Becky said...

Carlos~ I really appreciate your suggestion and I'll take it into consideration;However, I don't have anything that makes me enjoy...that is a problem~~Anyway, I'll try my best!
Steven~ thanks to share your experiences with me~ you give me a lot of encouragements!

Edward said...

Hi Becky,

Life is full of choices, but what makes the difference is not if you have made the right choice, it is what you do with the choices taken. Deciding which major to pursue is not an easy task. The first thing you should do is picture your self in the future, and picture your self using the skills learned in school. If you can not do it then, imagine the things that interested you the most and find a career related to it.

Please if I can help you with anything, just let me know.

ETL

Becky said...

Edward~~Thanks so much~~~~~~